Friday, February 28, 2020

CAN YOU JOIN US MARCH 7? NOTE: WORKDAY CANCELLED!

IN SCOTLAND


While in many US states and other countries, advocates fight against a sales tax on menstrual products . . . in Scotland, Parliament has approved a proposal that all menstrual products will be FREE!  Yay, Scotland!


SHAME ON YOU, PROCTOR AND GAMBLE


I strongly remember the feedback from our first kits taken to Kenya many years ago (In fact, I posted the comments here).  One girl said, "there's no burning sensation."  I was so saddened by this, assuming she'd been using leaves, or cardboard, or newspaper. 

But, reading this article, I'm now wondering if it was Always pads?  Unforgivable.


THE INDEPENDENT

An article in the Independent about various ways women deal with their periods, around the world.
JOIN US MARCH 7. UPDATE--NO MARCH WORKDAY!
Our next workday is March 7th.  We have a lot of serging and sewing jobs, so if those are your strengths, bring your machine!  

I typically send out a reminder a few days before.  If you plan to join us, please let me know by replying to that email.


No comments:

Post a Comment