Monday, April 1, 2019

APRIL WORKDAY REMINDER

RECIPIENT SMILES


These lovely Kenyan girls with the radiant smiles have just received Days for Girls kits.  


I can't tell you which team or chapter made the kits, thanks to the quirkiness of this blog program, which occasionally wields its more mysterious features.  The caption was in the previous post, when it disappeared as I was cutting and pasting.  And the formatting options went wonky when I tried to add something it didn't deem compatible.  So, I apologize for the odd formatting there.  I just published what I could salvage, and am continuing here, ignoring red font where I didn't mean it to be.  


DO YOU CRAFT?


The Rio Grande Valley Texas team has a crafting/scrapbooking company helping them with a fundraiser.  If you scrapbook or use craft/art supplies for other things, please check out this blog and fundraiser.  The funds will go to help refugee women on both sides of the border. And there are prizes . . . .

And please let me know if you know of a business or group that might be interested in doing a fundraiser with our Eugene/Springfield Chapter!

APRIL 6

Please join us on Saturday for our April workday.  We have jobs for those who are aces on sewing machines and sergers, and plenty of  tasks for those whose skills lie elsewhere.  

We just ask that you give us your best work, paying attention to detail.  These girls only get one kit, so we want everything in it to be perfectly made.  And as you work, if you see something passed on to you that isn't perfect, please let me know.

As usual, we'll meet this first Saturday of the month at Our Sewing Room, on the corner of 5th and & Main in Springfield.  We'll be there between 10 and 4:30.

On-street parking is monitored and limited to 2 hours, until you get halfway between B & C Streets, where the 2-hour limit ends.  The bank across the street lets us park there on weekends, so that's usually everyone's closest choice.  And the library lot isn't limited on weekends.  Don't forget the option of LTD.  Quite convenient and good for the planet! Maybe not the best choice though if you're hauling a machine.  

AS USUAL, it does help me to have a head count in advance   If you plan to come this Saturday, please shoot me an email.  If you can't make it this month, no need to tell me that.









No comments:

Post a Comment