Sunday, February 7, 2016

At the Lions conference

Yesterday I was fortunate to have an information table at the Lions Club regional conference in Albany.

I talked to many individual  Lions about Days for Girls, and several had the same reaction most of us did when we first heard about it:  "I had no idea!"  Some said they'd be interested in my talking to folks in their clubs--which I'd be delighted to do.

Patty, in the teal jacket below,  is a Springfield Lion and a dedicated Days for Girls volunteer. She made a sweet little lap quilt with a Valentine's Day theme to raffle.

At the end of the day, we drew the winning ticket.


The lucky winner was Tina, of Eugene.

I appreciated the opportunity to let more people know about the work that Days for Girls does.  Spread the word!

Here's another article that came my way because I liked Days For Girls' Facebook page.   If you find these links interesting, I suggest you like their page too.  There's much more I don't post that you'd probably like to read too (they post more often than I do).

I hope lots of folks can join us at our next workdays.  Please mark your calendars if you're interested:
February 21
March 20
April 17
May 15
We meet at Our Sewing Room at 5th & Main in Springfield, from 10 to 5.  If you'd like to sew or serge, it's best if you bring your machine.  Other helpful items to bring are extra bobbins, sharp scissors, and seam rippers, darning needle.  And remember, we have lots of very necessary tasks for people who don't sew!  Bring your lunch or treat yourself to food from one of the nearby eateries.
Change Lives.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment